The Indian head massage is an ancient therapeutic practice used in India for over 2,000 years, (since around 600 B.C).It is part of the practice of medicine called Ayurveda (translated as the ‘science of life), which aims to promote long life and balance the body’s energies.The treatment focuses on massaging acupressure points along the head, neck, and shoulders, often using circular massage strokes and requires no oils or equipment, making it a very accessible treatment. It is usually done while seated and through light clothing, or can be done lying down on a treatment couch.
- Dissipation of tension throughout the entire body.
- Relaxation of specific, tense muscles.
- Improvement in blood and lymphatic circulation, promoting swift removal of toxins from the body
- Improvement in joint movement.
- Promotion of healthy hair growth.
- Relief from headache, eye strain, sinusitis, jaw ache & tinitus.
- Improvement in quality of sleep